Pastor’s Corner – Summer is Here!
I know the official start of summer isn’t until the end of May. I also know school at Cross doesn’t get out until early June, but why not get started now on the fun-loving season of summer? Last summer, in response to the pandemic, we started outdoor worship services. These were a huge hit! We are bringing back our outdoor worship services starting now!
Beginning Sunday, May 2 (this weekend), all our worship services will be outdoors. The outdoor worship services will be held at the same times as our indoor services with Traditional being held at 8:00 AM and Contemporary being held at 10:00 AM. The outdoor services will happen on the first and third Sundays of each month.
The outdoor services have been our highest attended services throughout the pandemic and we anticipate it to be the same way this summer as well. Outdoor services are fun and safe and a great way to reconnect with God and with the people of God at Cross. We look forward to seeing you and your family as we Walk with God in Worship this Summer.
Here are a few tips to make the outdoor worship experience the best it can be.
- Download the “hiscross” app onto your smart device before you arrive for easy access to the worship folders. Links are also provided below.
- Bring your own chair, drinks, etc. Remember, we have a pavilion now but you will still need your own seat.
- Enter the parking lot off Ament Road—parking is in the Upper Lot. There is limited parking available in the lower lot to accommodate those with special needs or people who will remain in their vehicle throughout worship.
- Upon entry, there will be a table for communion supplies. If you are communing, please keep these with you until we commune together as a family of faith.
- Restrooms are available through the West Lobby (Office) Entrance.
- You are invited to remain after service and reconnect with each other.
- It works best to exit the parking lot onto Route 47 near the Youth Center, especially as people start arriving for the next service and the welcome tables are still set up.
- If the weather dictates, we will move indoors into our Sanctuary and use our Large Gym for overflow space.
We look forward to seeing you at Cross for our outdoor services. Praying for good weather and great fellowship.
“And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” Hebrews 10:25